I adore vintage … well… just about anything, really. Vintage jewelry and vintage furniture. Vintage fashions for sure. And of course vintage styles. I was playing around with some of these fabulous vintage pieces that I had, when I thought “hmmm…I bet we could upcycle this into something cool.”
It was then that inspiration struck. In about 5 minutes we had this really fun upcycled vintage ring designed and made.
Good Luck Upcycled Vintage Ring
Materials needed (links may be affiliate links)
If you’re having trouble finding these items, or you don’t have a Silhouette machine, never fear. We’re putting together a kit that you’ll be able to purchase very soon.
Clean your cabs and ring blanks with rubbing alcohol and set aside. The cabs are old and have been touched by who knows what. The ring blanks probably have some manufacturing residue on them.
Find a simple shamrock design you like, and cut it out of the gold vinyl with your Silhouette machine. I found a clip art design and used the trace feature. These are about 0.6 inches tall.
Remove one of the shamrock decals from the backing and carefully place it on the cleaned vintage lucite cab.
Once you make sure there aren’t any major wrinkles, burnish it down well. There may be small wrinkles at the end of the leaves, but they’re easy to work out.
Add a small dab of E6000 to the back of the cab and the ring blank. A grain of rice size is plenty of glue. Give them a second, then smoosh the two pieces together. Take care to make sure the clover is right side up.
Set aside, and let the ring dry.
Voila! You now have a really fun Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring!
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches