Reese Witherspoon always looks great on the red carpet. The 2015 Golden Globes is no different. From her flawless, on point makeup to that stunning silver gown, what is that girl’s secret? I know, and now you can know too. It starts with great skin and fab Laura Mercier cosmetics. Here’s how to get Reese Witherspoon’s fabulous look from the 2015 Golden Globes.
It wouldn’t take much to transition Reese Witherspoon’s look into a wearable, real life look, either.
Reese Witherspoon Golden Globes 2015 look
Here’s how makeup artist Molly R Stern achieved the look.
Clean and photo-ready skin
• Stern first applied Caudalie Eau De Beaute Elixer, ($49) to invigorate Witherspoon’s skin.
• Next, she massaged RéVive Serum Pressé Illuminating Skin Firmer,
($310) to give her complexion a natural, luminous and smooth base. She lightly applied RèVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator,
($195) for added hydration.
• Stern then applied NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, ($48, April 2015) to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.”
• Using Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance,($56), Stern lightly contoured Witherspoon’s cheeks to accentuate the colour.
• She then added an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks,giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze,
($25) topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Fira – Mango,
EYES: Golden wash of colour
• Stern’s inspiration for Witherspoon’s eye look was a “golden wash of
colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry.
• She first created a base using Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat,
($24). She then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold,
($28) on Witherspoon’s upper lids, “creating a brilliant sheen to compliment her sterling silver gown.”
• Then, she roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir, ($24).
LIPS: Wine-stained lips
• To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, $27, topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
• After that, Witherspoon “left for the red carpet glistening!”