We all know that avocado has so many health benefits, in addition to being so tasty. But have you ever considered putting avocado in a cocktail?
I have to admit, I had never considered that addition until this Jalapeno Avocado Margarita recipe. It’s so tasty, and perfect for all of your Mexican fiestas!
Spicy cocktails have become quite popular in the past few years. But never fear, alcohol helps to break down the capsaicin particles and alleviates the burn. Now, that’s not to say you’re good to go if you have no tolerance for spicy food. It just won’t intensify the heat like water does.
Jalapeno Avocado Margarita Recipe
Links may be commissioned. They help support our site at no additional cost to you.
As usual, there are a few things you’re going to need to make this cocktail. The first is a cocktail shaker. Any decent home bartender should have one, but here’s a great set that we love. This is another cocktail set that’s more affordable, but also fab.
- 4 oz. Tequila Bribón Blanco
- 2 oz. Agave nectar (cut 50/50 with water)
- 2 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 slices jalapeño
- 2 cilantro sprigs, plus extra for garnish
- Lime wheels, for garnish
- 1 cup ice, plus extra for serving
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice. Set aside.
- Place ripe avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno slices in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle ingredients until they're thoroughly mashed.
- Add remaining ingredients to cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into the two rocks glasses.
- Garnish with the remaining lime wheels and cilantro sprigs.
Doesn’t this sound sooo good? The spice from the jalapeno and the smoothness from the avocado, paired with a great tequila and lime juice? MMM MMMM. You’ll be making this margarita recipe again and again.