Recently. Captain Morgan invited me to participate in a recipe challenge. They sent us a box of stuff, and some of their new rums. The challenge was to make a punch using one of their new flavors of rum – Grapefruit, Pineapple, or Coconut. We ran through several ideas – all of which were really good, and will make amazing cocktails, before remembering the punch aspect.
See…punch is meant to be made in a big ol’ batch, and doled out to people. When we scrapped everything we were thinking, and came back to basics, we hit upon Passion Star punch.
Passion Star Punch recipe
- 4 cups Tazo Passion Tea, brewed.
- 4 cups Limeade, made with lemon-lime soda instead of water.
- 1 cup Captain Morgan Coconut Rum
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Star Fruit for garnish
- Brew Tazo Passion Tea according to the directions on the package. Let it steep for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make frozen limeade according to the directions on the package. Instead of using water, use a lemon-lime or clear soda. This will use almost an entire 2 liter bottle.
- Measure 4 cups of Tazo Passion Tea and 4 cups of Limeade mixture into a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add 1 cup of Captain Morgan Coconut Rum. Stir to combine.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with a lime wheel and a star fruit slice.