So often, cocktails are on the sweet side. Hey, we like to have something dessert-like with a kick! This Lemon Herb Spritzer, though, is a refreshing change of pace.
It has that great fruity flavor with a hint of sweetness, but pairs amazingly well with fresh herbs. They bring a subtle earthiness and sophistication to the drink. Add in the little zing of fresh ginger, and this will easily become one of your favorite summer go-to drinks.
- 2 T. honey, preferably local
- 1 c. water
- ⅓ c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. fresh mint, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 T. fresh basil, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 t. fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 t. ginger, finely minced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 c. sparkling water
- 4 oz Vodka (optional)
- Add honey and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until honey dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before pouring into a pitcher. Add fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, ginger, and lemon slices.
- Add vodka, if using, and stir gently to combine and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Immediately before serving, pour sparkling water into pitcher and stir to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you’d like to make this a virgin mocktail, just leave out the vodka. It’s still totally amazing! I think this would be a great signature drink for a wedding too. You can make a big batch of the base up ahead of time, and just add the sparkling water when serving. This is Paleo and Whole 30 friendly, too.