I love glitter. Glitter and I are best friends. Lately, though, I’ve been hearing more and more people claim that they don’t like glitter. Well, these DIY glitter sneakers are definitely not for them.
One of my favorite fashion accessories is shoes. And I like wild and crazy shoes. Oh, and sparkle. For around $10, you can have an awesome pair of DIY glitter sneakers that are ALL YOU. Why wouldn’t you want to make these?
DIY Glitter Sneakers
May be affiliate links
- White canvas sneakers
- Decoupage medium. You can use fabric medium, which will be softer, or regular medium.
- Ultra Fine Glitter. You’ll want a 2oz or larger bottle. I used about 60% of a 2 oz bottle of glitter.
- Painter’s tape
- Foam brush
- Scrap paper
DIY Glitter Sneakers Directions
Tape off around the edge of your sneaker with painter’s tape. This will help keep the sole clean and create a nice line.
Stuff your shoes with newspaper, if desired. This will help keep the insides clean.
Liberally brush on an even coat of decoupage medium, being careful not to get glops. Cover the whole shoe with decoupage medium, except the tongue.
Place the shoe on a piece or two of scrap paper. Sprinkle liberally with glitter. Shake the excess off the shoe and set aside.
Repeat with the other shoe. Let dry. 1-2 hours is sufficient. I let mine dry overnight.
Repeat the glittering steps for a second coat. Let dry again.
Glitter the tongue of the shoe. This only needs one coat. Let dry.
Put a final coat of decoupage medium on the shoe, to help protect and seal the glitter. This will also help to reduce the glitter shed, so you’re not leaving a trail. Let dry.
Lace your shoes back up and remove the painter’s tape. If glitter gets in the grooves of the sole, just brush it away.
Helpful tips: You can use a colored shoe or paint your shoe with acrylic paint before starting. This will help hide any imperfections in your glitter.
Will you be adding a pair of DIY Glitter Sneakers to your wardrobe?
For more fun Apple-y Fall-ish goodness, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Apple Stamp Craft from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World